Blepharoplasty improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
It can correct the following features:
- Upper eyelid surgery can remove excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision, can be treated by upper eyelid blepharoplasty.
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
- Bags under the eyes can be corrected by blepharoplasty.
- Lower eyelid surgery can correct droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye).
It can also be performed in conjunction with midface lift in order to give a more youthful and full look to the cheek-eye area. [Atiyeh B, Hayek S. Combined Arcus Marginalis Release, Preseptal Orbicularis Muscle Sling, and SOOF Plication for Midface Rejuvenation. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.28(4):197-202, Jul-Aug 2004 (Translated into and published in Russian in Feb 2006)]
Most blepharoplasty procedures are done under local anesthesia and sometimes even in the clinic. Down time is about 1 week and pain is very well tolerated after the surgery.« Return to Services